22 May 2004

yesterday...

How long ago yesterday seems, how many years ago was it that I stood there? How many lifetimes ago was yesterday, and how many dreams have fallen in between.

Why does yesterday seem so far away? Is it because this was Your will? Is this Your way for me to be okay? But how, how can yesterday be so long ago?

Twenty-four hours, almost exactly. That's it. Just twenty-four hours. But a lifetime has passed in between, a whole generation has grown and fallen in the space, the world has been created and destroyed - just in those twenty-four hours.

I don't understand it. I don't see how this day is so far from me...and yet so close. I wish I had more answers, I wish I knew. But all I know is that I'm following You

...even when my yesterdays are years away and my tomorrows may never come. I follow You because You are all I've got. I follow You because You know the way...

I follow You because You know how to make my yesterdays years away.

You make all of this well, even though I don't feel well. You take my yesterdays and You send them away, stop them from haunting me.

Where will the future go from here, how will I pick up and carry on?

I don't know...

but I know my yesterday is a year away. I'm not sure why, or even how. But yesterday is a lifetime away, and I'm still okay.

Help this confusion clear...or help me to follow anyway.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home